Being vegetarian doesn't mean you have to sacrifice taste. This recipe works best with Lightlife's Gimme Lean Sausage. You can find this in the refrigerated natural/organic section at many conventional grocery stores.
2 bulbs garlic, peeled
2 onions, peeled
1 stick butter
2 packages of Lightlife Gimme Lean Sausage
1 bag burger buns
For garnish & condiment:
- In a food processor, place the garlic, onions, jalapenos, and butter and blend until a puree forms.
- Strain the spice puree until most of the liquid has drained. Discard the liquid.
- In a large bowl, combine the sausage and strained spice puree. Mix well with your hands.
- Form quarter pound balls and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- To cook, use a griddle on medium high. Place each ball on the griddle and flatten with your hand or a spatula to form burger patties.
- Cook patties until both sides are dark brown.
- While the patties are cooking, toast the buns and get everything ready to assemble.
- Assemble the burgers and enjoy immediately!