Rum + brown sugar cooked at high heat with fruit? How can you resist?
Makes 4 servings
6 tbsp butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup coconut rum
1/2 cup blueberries
- Melt the butter on high heat in a large stainless steel sauce pan.
- Turn the heat down to medium high.
- Add the brown sugar and cook until smooth and creamy, almost like you're making toffee.
- Take the pan off the heat. Use precaution and pour the rum into the pan. Depending on the alcohol content of the rum, you may experience flames. :)
- Return the pan to high heat and add bananas.
- Cook until the alcohol is gone or until the flames are gone.
- Serve hot with blueberries and optionally, some vanilla ice cream!